My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Mart!! – Shopping

This is my first year going on this girls’ weekend shopping trip to Atlanta to shop at the Mart.  I didn’t really know much about the Mart except that everytime you asked Stephanie where she got something – she said The Mart.  Stephanie, Lisa, Marty, Caroline and myself left Thursday evening for Atlanta and we met up with 8 other ladies to shop for the next 2 days.

Now I love to shop and am a big after Thanksgiving shopper.  However, the Atlanta Mart was like the day after Thanksgiving on steroids!!  The Mart is where buyers for stores go and place orders at wholesale for products to sell in their store.  They also have A LOT of cash and carry stuff for sale.  The Mart is located in 3 18-20 floor buildings in downtown Atlanta.  Here is where we spent most of our time.






We arrived at the Mart about 8:45AM and the doors opened at 9AM.  Oh my goodness at the people.  We first grabbed all the free stuff they were giving away at the front of one of the buildings– bags, candles, etc and then headed to the building with the cash and carry.  I mostly followed Stephanie around so I wouldn’t get lost and she could show me the ropes. 

The picture we sent to our husbands - the princesses!!

I have never seen so much jewelry in my life.  Charming Charlie’s on steroids!!  We found some great deals on jewelry, clothes, shoes, and bags.  It was a great experience and one that I hope I will be able to go back to.

Stephanie's new pet rabbit - or rather Ava's.
Each night when we came back to the hotel, Stephanie, Lisa and I would show each other all of our great finds.  It was so funny because one of us would usually ask “where did you find that”?  Off we would go the next day to try and find one for ourselves. 

After 2 days of shopping from sun up to sun down – I was pretty much shopped out and out of money!!  Time to start saving for next year.


 Our packed vehicle on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment