My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Granny


I really don’t even know where to start this post.  Jason’s granny meant the world to us.  



I always get teary eyed when I think about the impact she had on Jason’s life.  She and Grandpa (he’s been in heaven for 27 years) picked Jason up every Sunday and took him to church with them and they went back Sunday night and would do the same for Wednesday night.  She made sure he was in church and wanted him to know her Jesus like she did.  I often think what Jason’s life would have been like without Granny – boy am I thankful for her and the Godly influence she had in his life.  When Jason was ordained as a deacon, I made sure Granny knew because she had a big impact on that.



She was so active in her church and had such a caring heart for everyone in the church.  She was always calling to check on people who had doctor’s appointments.  She was a woman who spoke her mind and we laugh about that now.  She had quite a sense of humor!!

At her funeral, Jason was asked to speak.  He did such a great job.  I know it was difficult to speak but since he was the oldest grandchild it was only fitting.  He spoke about how Granny would be on his Mt Rushmore as a person of influence.  She was definitely the rock of the family.  Granny had a couple of requests for her funeral – Jesus Loves Me and Amazing Grace to be sung.  We thought it would be great to have the great grandkids sing Jesus Loves Me.  It was so cute.



She will definitely be missed but of course she is perfectly healthy now enjoying seeing her Savior everyday as well as her husband and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment