My Family

My Family

Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day/ Birthday

We woke up Sunday morning, packed up the car and headed out for our long drive home. We all had such a great time and we definitely weren't ready to go home especially since the weather back home was in the mid 90's and the weather in Boone was perfect.


Poor Jason had to drive 8 hours - what a way to celebrate Father's Day and his birthday. It seems every year we are gone on his birthday but he is a good sport about it. 
The kids did great on the drive home thanks to technology AND bring totally exhausted so naps were a good thing. When we arrived home we brought out the  gifts for Jason. For his birthday he received a Duck Dynasty shirt and a new remote control. Our old remote for our surround system went out a long time ago and we have been manually adjusting - it got a little old so I thought it was time to get a new one.



Reading the questionnaire each of the boys did for Jason.  Their answers were priceless:

If you could go on a trip, where would you go?
Brody - NYC and would bring umbrella and sunglasses
Trevor - NYC and would bring a guitar (they didn't answer them together either)

How old, how tall and how much does daddy weigh?
Trevor - 29, 38 inches, and 38 pounds

My favorite memory with my Dad is?
Brody - when he came to the door at the hospital when Trevor was born and asked me the baby was a boy or a girl ( we couldn't believe he remembered that)

If I could give my dad anything, it would be
Brody - clothes

He is smart because he knows
Brody - what 32 million + 32 million is
Trevor - Jesus

We then took a little walk to mom and day's for his Father's Day present. Since we have a new garage being built I thought Jason needed somewhere to put all his tools - a very manly gift!! I guess he liked it but it's pretty hard to get excited about something in a brown box. Hopefully he will be more excited once the garage is all done. 

Jason is such a wonderful dad. He takes so much time with the boys and makes them his priority. When he comes home from work he goes right into them and plays with them. The boys love rough housing with him and it is so good for them to have such a wonderful dad to look up to. Most importantly is Jason's role as a Godly influence in their lives. I love to hear Jason talking to the boys about Jesus and what all He has done in our lives. It makes me a very proud mom and wife!!

Since we were driving back on Father's Day I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my dad but I did go over and spend a little bit. My dad is absolutely wonderful. He is always there to lend a helping hand whenever I need it. Since I am now a stay at home I try to take care of a lot of stuff at the house so Jason doesn't have to. As a result I seem to need my dad's advice and help quite often. He is always there to go over and beyond. With our latest construction project, my dad is right there to help out with anything we may need. I am so very thankful for him and I love him very much.

What a great day to celebrate 2 wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment