My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summertime reading

Somebody in our household is a reader.  Back in April, Brody read his first book all by himself - 
He was so proud and yes so was his mom.  We have always encouraged reading in our house.  Jason isn't much of a reader but I was when I was younger.  I still enjoy reading but I don't get a lot of time to do it.

This summer we tried to get to the library once a week to check out books which he loved to do.  Both Brody and Trevor checked out their books.  While Trevor took his afternoon nap, Brody had rest time. This meant that he had to be very quiet and start off the time by reading books and then he could move into watching tv or a movie or playing Wii.  He would like to say that he didn't have to take naps anymore but he couldn't really make it all week without taking a nap so some days I made him get in the bed to sleep.

Anyway, during the summer he has read about 35 books.  It has become so easy for him to read and he enjoys it.  When he reached 25 books, I had a surprise for him.  Of course he couldn't wait to see it.


He thinks he is pretty cool with his snorkel.  He can swim all over the pool checking out everything below.

I hope he continues to enjoy reading through school.

No comments:

Post a Comment