My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bath and phone - do they go together??

After the tball party we headed over to Nini and Papa's house to jump in the pool.  I love summers because the kids don't have to take as many baths as normal.  Some of you are probably thinking, what??  Well, a huge advantage to having boys is that they definitely think by going swimming it is their bath - well mom and dad totally agree.  This is why we headed over to the pool after the party.

The boys were so dirty and it was pretty late so I didn't want to have to bathe them that night.  Well, when we arrived, Brody jumped in like normal and Trevor went right after him.  However, Trevor failed to get his vest on.  I turned around and panicked.  Now he was only a few feet from the side and he was bobbing, but I panicked and jumped in to grab him.  I failed to remember that my phone was in my pocket as well.  Oh my!!!

After some googling on what to do, the phone went in a bag of rice for several days but still not much happening.  All I kept thinking was that I was going to have to spend $500-$600 for another one and that was definitely not in the budget.  I went to one of those fix it cell phone places and they told me that they could change out a few things and I may be able to get it past Apple so my  warranty isn't voided.  I definitely considered it because it would be free.

After over a week without a phone (that was difficult - it's amazing how much we depend on these things now), I went to Apple and just told them the truth.  They first said I would be paying $199 for a new one, which is better than $600 so I was fine.  However, the next guy I spoke to ended up talking to his manager and came back and said I wouldn't have to pay anything.  I really wanted to let out part of the Hallelujah Chorus.  I couldn't believe it, but I was so thankful especially since I did the honest thing.

Now, with my new phone, the first thing I did when I got home was to order the new LifeProof case.  This case is supposed to be waterproof - you could even swim with it (not that I plan to do that) and take pictures under the water.  It is so worth it knowing that my phone won't be ruined again due to water.

No comments:

Post a Comment