My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Opening day of baseball - Happy Birthday to me!!

Saturday, March 15 was opening day of baseball and it was my birthday.  What a great way to spend my birthday.  The boys were so excited to get their baseball season going.  I think Trevor just wanted to wear his new uniform.

My 2 little baseball players all ready for their big debut.

Brody's team - the Braves - heading to opening ceremonies.

Now here comes Trevor's team.

My crazy child who can't just walk for anything.


All lined up for the ceremony.





This year was one of the best opening ceremonies.  They honored a couple of special people - one of those is Jimmy and Carol Higginbotham.  They lost their daughter a little over 20 years ago in a car accident.  Kirstin loved playing at this ball park and the park is actually named after now.  Also, the park has retired her number 13 so no one can pick that number.  Kirstin's sister and I are the same age and grew up together so I know Jimmy and Carol really well and this was a really special dedication to myself as well as a lot of other people at the ball park that morning.  


The Mudcats all ready to play

Trevor and Braydon.  Trevor was doing everything EXCEPT watching the ball.

See nice back to the ball

I'm not sure what was going on here.  I guess he got hot and decided to change up the uniform.



Then a couple of hours later we had Brody's game.  He started out playing 1st base.

2 great hits for the day, so we were pretty excited.





We are off to a great and busy baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment