My Family

My Family

Saturday, May 3, 2014

NY - food and sightseeing

After Sherri and I worked all day we would head out to do some sightseeing and of course find some good food.  I absolutely love the city - it is one of my favorite places to visit and I love to find new places to eat.

The first night we headed to Little Italy - I think I could eat there every night.  Sara Lynn was in NY on a trip with her Baptist Campus Ministry group from college and was in NY the same as us so we met up with her for dinner the first night.


It seems everytime I go to NY, I have to eat at Max Brenner's.  The food is good, but the dessert is YUMMY!!


Sherri and I ordered the chocolate fondue and my favorite part was the waffles with berries - I didn't think I would like it at all, but it was so good.  You must try this place out if you are ever in the city.

One of my friends, Lyndsay, posted about Doughnut Plant on her last trip to the city and of course I wanted to try it.  This was the coolest place and the doughnuts were yummy!!



I got the Coconut Cream doughnut and oh my it was so good.  I am really wanting another one right now.

After our Broadway show we wanted something sweet and right next to the theater was Pie Face.  It was so good.


Saturday morning we headed out on our last day of sightseeing and our first stop was breakfast at Sarabeth's overlooking Central Park.  The place was packed but thankfully we didn't have a wait.  This was mine - French Toast with apple butter and bananas.  It was some of the best french toast I have ever eaten.  

The night we went to a Broadway show, it was so cold and we had been standing in the TKTS booth for about 30-45 minutes - which is the best way to go to getting a great deal on Broadway tickets especially if you don't mind what you see.  Since it was so cold we just went to the closest restaurant we could find - Bubba Gumps.  I am usually so against going to a chain restaurant.  My rule is usually when we travel somewhere we aren't allowed to eat somewhere we have at home - I totally broke the rule - but we were cold.  This was our view of Times Square from our table.

So beside eating we also did some sightseeing and shopping.  One of my favorite stores in NY is H&M.  We finally got one in Jacksonville, but the ones in NY are the best and have a better selection.  There are several in the city but the selection is different at all of them, so I usually have a favorite location.  However, we were walking up to Times Square and I saw their new location and it quickly became my favorite spot.  I was in heaven, but of course only came out with stuff for the boys.

Trevor with his new shoes which he loves!!

Our sightseeing consisted of Rockefeller Center.

I wish I could say we were able to get into his show, but a picture in front of the sign is the best I could do.

It was a last minute decision to go see a Broadway show so we decided to stand in the TKTS booth line, which is about the only way I see shows.  We had narrowed it down to 3 - just in case one of them wasn't available.  We figured our husbands wouldn't really care to see Cinderella and also 2 famous people were in this.

Fran from the Nanny.


This was a view from our seats - we were on the 7th row - pretty good seats I say.

 Saturday was our big day to sightsee since our flight home wasn't until 9pm.  It had been so cold all week long and Saturday the weather was absolutely beautiful.  We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Our mode of transportation around the city.  I am happy to say that I maneuvered us pretty well and we didn't get lost.


Central Park


The 911 Memorial

Statue of Liberty.  It always pretty windy down at Battery Park, but on Saturday it was VERY windy!!

We made it back to our hotel and asked our bellman to grab us a cab and he asked if we wanted a limo instead - it would be the same price because we would share it with someone going to JFK as well - SURE!!  Sad to say that this was my very first time in a limo and it was very nice of course.


Sherri and I had such a great time in the city and it was even better that we were able to help out Bro. Ken with his ministry.  What is so wonderful is that Sherri and I came away so encouraged by spending time with him and listening to all of his meetings and encounters he has with Ambassadors and their willingness and yearning to know more about Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment