My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hilton Head - a fun filled golf weekend

About a week ago, we all packed up including my mom and headed to Hilton Head, SC for a long weekend of fun in the sun - while Jason played golf.  This is an annual trip that we have made now for 4 years.  While Jason plays in a 3 day golf tournament, my mom, the boys and I go have fun on the island.  Each year we try to find something new for them to enjoy. 

This year we left on a Thursday morning and arrived in HH around noon.  After we dropped Jason off for his practice round, we went to find our villa.  There are so many places to stay on HH and this year I opted to not stay right on the ocean to try and save $.  I found a great little 2 bedroom, 2 bath house that included 5 bikes (more on that later).

Since we had been in a car all morning, I found out about a bouncy house place right before you get on the island and I thought what better way to let the boys burn off some energy and it was buy one get one free at 2:00, which is the time we would be arriving.

We have been to several bouncy houses, but this one tops them all with cleanliness.  It was also great that my 2 boys were the only ones there for awhile and there were never more than 10 kids in there (3 of those were triplets).  We spent about 2 1/2 hours in there and the boys LOVED every minute of it.



Yeah, my 2 year old thinks he's 5 because he climbed to the top with NO help.



Even mom and I played.

About half way through our time there, we could tell Brody wasn't feeling so well - you can see it here.  I felt so sorry for him that he couldn't enjoy this bouncy house as much as he normally would - he did try though

A little Spiderman ice cream treat break


After stopping to get some medicine for Brody and picking up Jason, we met Jessica and Caleb at Longhorn's for dinner.  They only live about 30 minutes from Hilton Head so it was a great opportunity to catch up.  The funny thing is that they were headed down to Florida for the fair while we were in HH.

It's always interesting taking 2 boys out to dinner - let's just say I'm thankful for the iphone.


With Trevor getting bigger, we knew the pack n play would be out of the question, so I hoped and prayed that he would sleep in the bed.  My mom figured both boys would be sleeping with her but it was a double and a twin bed in their room.  And also with Brody running a fever, we thought it would be best if Brody slept in the twin so he wouldn't get Nini sick.  I thought he was going to be pretty upset that he didn't get to sleep with Nini, but once I explained it to him, he was fine with it - such a good big brother.

This condo had every toy little boys need - legos and more legos.  The boys were having a blast.

Reading before bedtime

The key with all of them in a room together was how long would it take them to go to sleep.  I think the first night all were asleep by 10:30 - hey it's vacation I kept telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment