My Family

My Family

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Conner's Corn Maize

A couple of weeks ago, I headed out with the boys (by myself) to Conner's Corn Maize.  I was hoping I could handle them both - most of the time they are better for just one parent than both parents together.  A couple of months prior I had purchased a Groupon for half the price.  

It worked out great because Brody didn't have school on the Wednesday we went so we were able to go earlier.  There were a couple of school groups there when we got there, but it wasn't too crowded.  Our first stop was the actual maize.  You can pick different questions to answer to help guide you thru the maize, well I just wanted the easiest one to help us make sure we made it through - we picked Toddler Tots and we were off.  When you come to a fork there is a number and according to your answer you take either the right or left way.  We were doing good until we couldn't find the #5 - I really think it wasn't there because we looked everywhere and had no luck so we just back tracked out way out.  I really didn't want to lose a kid in the midst of the corn so I thought it was best to stop while we were ahead.  The boys had a blast just running through the maize and Brody did great answering the questions.









Next up was the petting zoo






Next up was some jumping off the hay bales - they thought it was great to act like Superman.


Trevor was determined to get to the top.





They went down a tube slide, rode the cow train and pedal cars.









Last on the agenda was the corn bucket.  I think this was the favorite part.  Corn was everywhere and I even found it in the washer and dryer later.


 I'm pretty sure the boys had a blast at the Maize and the weather was beautiful which made it an all around great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment