My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HH - day 3 - a day at the stables

Saturday morning we made a stop at our annual community garage sale.  My mom enjoys going here but I'm not usually too keen on the whole thing.  It's a huge garage sale, but I think we just don't get out there early enough.

We then headed out to the Sea Pines Resort area, which you have to pay $5 to enter for the day.  We went to Lawton Stables to see what all they had to offer.  There was a a petting zoo and pony rides, so the boys were pretty excited.







This was a roaming free deer and the boys just wanted to walk beside it.  They thought it was pretty cool.



Pony ride time


Trevor thought he was such a big boy to ride the pony.  The girl wanted me to walk around with him just in case he wanted to get off or started moving - this boy didn't move and LOVED it.

So cute in his helment





Since we had bought the pass to enter this part of the island, I figured why not go back there for dinner.  We ate at Salty Dog Cafe which was right on the marina and they had live music playing outside and of course a bouncy house for the kids - AFTER dinner.  I don't think my kids will ever get bored with a bounce house.







It was a great way to end our little vacation.  We couldn't have asked for better weather while we were there - 70's and bright sun and about 50's at night.  Now Jason said his golf game could have been a little better, but he had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment