My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Spooky" Halloween Party

A couple of months ago, I decided to host a Halloween party for Brody and some of his buddies.  Brody LOVES Halloween and so what better way to help him enjoy it then by having a not so spooky Halloween party.  He was pretty excited about it.

Luke & Yoda all ready for their big party.


I decided to try and have most everything outside so the kids could play.  So this meant I had to try and camouflage the garage - here's the best I could come up with.





Thanks to pinterest for some great halloween decorating and food ideas.


My dad actually surprised us with these little ghosts hanging in our trees when we got home from Hilton Head.  The boys thought it was pretty cool.


It was difficult to get the kids to stop to eat, so not sure how healthy they ate that night, but oh well.

I had all of these games planned for the kids and what did they mostly want to do when they arrived - play on the playground.  Brody had actually wanted to decorate the playhouse but I didn't think the kids would even play on it because they would be in their costume - boy was I wrong.

Molly's costume didn't stop her from climbing to the top of the playhouse.

Most of the boys shed their costume to play because they were too hot - 6 kids on the tire swing - fun times.

Dorothy "Baylie" and Rapunzel "Ava" just stood back and watched the kids playing - probably wishing they didn't have their costume on so they could play.


Another thanks to pinterest for ideas on Halloween games - they played pumpkin bowling, pin the nose on the pumpkin, eye ball relay, decorated pumpkins, and pumpkin toss.  It was pretty crazy trying to get 11 kids in line to play games, but I think they had a blast.

Molly trying out her skills with pumpkin bowling.

Bradyn aka Batman

Tucker & Trevor best buddies - They are about 4 months apart and I think Janan and I may have our hands full with these 2.

Trevor bowling to knock down the ghosts toilet paper.

In line for the pumpkin toss

Even the parents got involved to help out - Adam & Stephanie assisting with passing out candy & picking up the balls.

Tyler trying out his skills with the pumpkin toss.

Brody and Jude

Baylie pinning the nose on the pumpkin - her 3 eyed pumpkin

Brody did pretty good

Time for the eye ball relay

Ava is concentrating really hard to try and not drop the eyeball.

Time for some pumpkin decorating.


Molly, Dominic & Brody showing off their pumpkin creations.


The one thing Brody and maybe a few others was looking forward to was the "spooky" hayride.  I had made a few ghosts to be hung throughout our ride and had put my dad in charge of where and how to put them up.  Everyone loaded up for the hayride and we were off with my dad driving the tractor.  My dad had engaged a little help from a couple of the dads to wear a hat with green lights on top and a sheet over it all.  Most of the kids thought it was great - a few of them weren't so sure.


Scary ghost # 1 coming up to the hayride.




One of the best parts was that my dad hung some of the ghosts on a rope and one of the dads pulled it when we came to it and the ghosts swung over us as we went through.  It was great.


Not sure how many of the kids had no so pleasant dreams that night - I really didn't want to scare them too bad so hopefully they will come back next year because we are already thinking about it for next year.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun partyJenny. I especially like Yoda!!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great easy costumes ideas for Halloween party!! These little girls are looking so scary in their Halloween costumes. My kids are also forcing me to host a grand Halloween party at some event space San Francisco. I’ll definitely think about it!

    ReplyDelete