My Family

My Family

Friday, July 1, 2011

Time for a change

Probably about 2 months ago I posted that we were getting ready for a change and more would be coming about it later, I am so happy to FINALLY post.  For the past 2 months we have been redoing our bedroom.  Boy was it time for a change.  The furniture we had was about 25-30 years old and was really not our style.  We were also ready for a King size bed.

The OLD bedroom!!



Back in April our furniture was delivered and thanks to my daddy for painting our room - yeah we went with a medium teal color (and have a whole gallon left if anyone wants it).  We also decided to go with one of the memory foam mattresses - I wasn't really sure if I was going to like it - oh boy do I!

 
A King platform bed.

Trevor thought he would try out our mattress first.

Since we went from browns to blacks I thought I would just spray paint some of our stuff instead of buying new stuff - I was trying to be resourceful.  So for the past 2 months, I have been a little spray paint crazy - nothing was safe in our house from being spray painted.
My first victim!!  

The mirror turned out pretty good so onto the lampstands.   I didn't stop there either- a smaller lampstand,  wooden S, tv stand for the TV, wall art, and in the future a couple of picture frames.

So, here is our finished project.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  I was nervous that we wouldn't have room for a king bed but it's amazing when you move furniture around that it will make the room look bigger.

The NEW bedroom




 My "new" red mirror - it's actually my favorite piece in the room.


 Red media table from IKEA (love that store) - it was plain but then I got a hold of it.

 I got this idea from one of the blogs that I read - it sounded pretty easy and it was.

 Allye even got a new bed out of it that I actually made.  She has always slept on our bed but I was trying to keep our duvet cover clean so I had to make a new space for her and she LOVES it.

 Painted lampstands.

 Old lampstand painted red with a new white shade.


Here's a little side by side before and after.

 We are so happy with how everything turned out.  It is so bright and cheerful in there.  Wonder what the next project will be???

No comments:

Post a Comment