My Family

My Family

Friday, July 15, 2011

Have to get out!!

Last Saturday I was in one of those moods where I had to get out of the house.  With the rain the kids have been cooped up in the house for a little too long and I was going crazy as well so I told Jason we had to go somewhere Saturday.  Of course I couldn't make up my mind but we ended up going to the MOSH (our museum).  Trevor has never been so it was going to be interesting.

Trevor was just so excited to run/walk real fast around the place and point to everything.  The MOSH had artic dinosaurs on display so the boys were both pretty excited to see these huge animals.  Recently Dino Dan has become one of their favorite shows so seeing these dinosaurs was pretty cool.




 This is one BIG turtle.

 Uncovering dinosaur bones.


In the museum, there is a walk to see the history of Jacksonville.  Brody was so interested in every little thing and Jason was so patient in telling him everything about it.  Of course Brody was very interested about the BIG fire that occurred in the early 1900's to the downtown area.  He asked so many questions about it and then my little worrier even asked the next morning what if a spark hits some moss at our house.  I had to assure him that God is in control and he would take care of us.

The picture of the phone booth cracks me up because he has never seen one of these and Jason had to explain what it is.  Crazy how technology has changed.

When you walk through his mouth you see everything about how your body works.

Of course being at the museum you never know what kind of animals you will come into contact with.  On this particular day, the boys were able to touch a lizard, snake and a turtle.


 Oh yeah, Trevor is pretty eager to touch the snake - can you tell I'm not so much and neither is Brody.



Once again another snake.  Please tell me he's not going to bring one of these things to me.

Off to the side of the museum there is a little play area and of course the boys were eager to go in and play.



 Telling his brother to hurry up.

Just a little wet from playing in the water.


When we left the MOSH, we weren't quite ready to go home so we decided to venture to the Landing by taking the water taxi across.  The boys thought it was pretty cool since they had never been in a boat before.  We were even able to see a few dolphins along the way.



It was a wonderful day spent with the entire family - these are always so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment