My Family

My Family

Friday, July 22, 2011

Mom's of 2 boys... do I say more

Sometimes us mom's of 2 boys just need time to get together and chat to realize that we aren't the only ones going through stuff.  So, last week I invited Tara & Janan over to mom's pool for a day of swimming with our boys.  Tara and Janan's oldest boys', Jude & Tyler, are the same age as Brody.  Janan's youngest boy Tucker is the same age as Trevor and then Tara has Tate who is only 6 weeks old.

Brody was pretty excited to have a day of swimming in the pool with some of his buddies.  They had a blast throwing anything and everything in the pool and trying to find it or have their mom's go in and find them.  My mom stayed around and played babysitter for Tate which I'm sure Tara was thankful for because I remember those days and I would have loved it.

The boys got along great and swam for almost 3 hours and had some lunch too.  This was a great way to get them to take good naps when they got home - swimming is the best way to tire them out.

3 buddies

Tyler making his rounds around the pool.

Showing some Spiderman signs.

Jude giving a peace sign.

Tucker just wanting something to eat.

Us moms had a great time of chatting because we don't seem to have a lot of female adult conversation.  It's so good to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with issues of having 2 boys.  I realized that it's normal and I was so encouraged.  I can't wait until we get together again and maybe one time we'll just have a mom's day out and let the dad's keep the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment