My Family

My Family

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Off to the zoo we go

Another bucket list item was to go to the Splash Park at the zoo.  Well, I gave Brody the choice - beach or zoo- last Wednesday as to what he wanted to do on my day off (I am so thankful for my Wednesdays and Fridays off).  He chose the zoo.  Now I didn't tell him about the splash park but told him to put his bathing suit on.  He of course asks why and I just say it will be more comfortable - ha ha!!

Our traditional picture with Mr. Turtle - Brody requests this each time we go.

Of course it was pretty hot but thankfully we were there pretty early so it wasn't too bad.  We made our normal loop to see the animals and the boys were loving it.  Thankfully I had $2 cash on me - what is it with me these days - I NEVER carry cash, but I was able to find $2 in my wallet so they could feed the giraffes.  This was Trevor's first time and he was pretty excited.



Trevor is so proud of himself - clapping and all.

No trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on the merry go round.  Brody always decides which animal he wants while he is waiting in line - thank goodness we weren't far back in line and he had his choice and of course Trevor just goes with the flow.

Brody is really thinking he is riding the lion - he is growling and everything.

The one bad thing about taking the kids to the zoo by myself is that somehow Brody remembers where the snake exhibits are and drags me in there - kicking and screaming.  I HATE snakes and I cannot stand to go into the exhibits.  Seeing that my trying to coerce my child into doing something different we went in - you know I couldn't really send my child in there without me.  I kind of stay in the middle of the building and Brody goes around and stands as close to the snakes as possible and yells - "Look mama"!!  Yeah just what I want to do.

Whew, finally out of there and then off to lunch with a packed lunch from home - best thing ever to do.  Then the splash park.  Brody loved it, but Trevor wasn't so sure about it.  He played a little bit and then he kept telling me night night. 



 No, he wasn't about to get under that water - are you crazy??

Finally a picture with both of them.


They probably played for about 30 minutes and then what better way to get kids out of the splash park with no screaming - SHAVE ICE!!

We saw a few more animals on the way out but by 1:15 it was getting pretty hot so off we went to the car to head home.  Trevor fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car but I had to wake him for a quick stop at Wal-Mart.  Thankfully the boys took great naps when we got home and I'm pretty sure they had a great time and can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment