My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My little swimmer - or maybe not

I always thought Trevor was my no fear child which is why we wanted to put him swimming lessons this summer and also that my mom has a pool next door so of course we wanted him to be able to swim.  My mom was able to find someone at her school that used to teach them awhile back so Trevor and Brock Boatright started swimming lessons about a month ago.  Lissa gave them each a 30 minute lesson.

Well, let's back up to the day before swimming lessons were to start.  We were over at my mom's house for dinner and my parents' have an enclosed patio aka Florida room that is now the playroom for the boys.  Brody and Trevor were out there and everyone else was in the kitchen.  Well, Popo heard the outside door open and he got up to go see and by the time he got there - oh yeah Trevor was on the 2nd step of the pool.  Yeah, I was the mom who totally LOST it - uncontrollably sobbing.  I couldn't believe that just happened.  I was of course VERY thankful that Popo heard the door.  Needless to say, my dad put a top lock on the door within the next few days. 

So see why we needed swimming lessons.  Well, the lessons were twice a week and Trevor did NOT like them to say the least.  He wasn't a big fan of going to Lissa and he really didn't want to even get in the pool. 
Maybe if I put the towel over my head she won't see me....

This is so strange because he will jump off the side (and we let him go all the way under), play on the steps when Jason and I are in the pool but he did not want much to do with Lissa.

 Lissa trying to talk him into getting in - he's not so sure.

 She's trying to get him to warm up to her.  Not sure it worked.

 At least he doesn't look like he's screaming but he's definitely wanting to get away.



 Here he is kicking from the steps.

Since he pretty much screamed the entire time we thought it was best to end the lessons last week.  So after 6 lessons, Trevor can blow bubbles, kick, and somewhat hold his breath.  We thought maybe we can try to continue teaching him some of the stuff and maybe he'll get it.  I surely hope so.


Sporting some pink goggles - upside down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment