My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Houston, We have a climber

The Saturday night we got home from Destin, our sweet little Trevor decided to climb out of his crib 3 times before finally giving up and going to sleep.  Jason had left to go pick up our dog Allye at Pet Paradise so I had the joy of corraling Trevor in his crib.  We had a feeling since he had mastered crawling out of his pack n play on vacation that the crib would be nothing.  Sure enough our cute as a button Trevor is a climber. 


He mastered his crib.

There is nothing like putting an almost 23 month old in his crib, closing the door and then about 5 minutes later he shows up in the living room.  I decided to remove the bumper pads (since I think he was using this as a step)- yeah I know they probably should have been gone a long time ago.  That didn't stop him he did it 2 more times - I caught him climbing out on the 3rd time.  He never fell - so I give him high fives for that!!

Great - time to convert his bed to the daybed.  I wasn't really ready for that because then I had to fight the battle of keeping him in his room.  Jason said just give it a few more nights and let's see how it goes.  Sure enough, by the 3rd night, he didn't crawl out.  Yeah!!

Now he does occasionally climb out when he wakes up in the morning but thankfully it's around 8:00 so it's not too early.

Our sweet little Trevor doesn't just stop at his crib - he now likes to climb the bookcase



and the easel.

He doesn't let much stand in his way.  Boy how my boys are so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment