My Family

My Family

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I LOVE my days off

Last Friday, I decided to venture to the downtown library with the boys.  They were having story time so I thought the boys would enjoy it.  Brody was pretty excited about going to the library.  After some time trying to find a parking spot we ended up in a garage paying $6 because you could only park an hour at a time for $1 - that stunk!!

Oh well, we finally made it to story time.  When we got there it was a few minutes early so there was a talking owl talking to the kids.  Then it was story time and it was really for kids up to 3 but what do you do with the older child so I threatened mine to be on his best behavior and he stayed.  Trevor was pretty good.  It was very interactive and she read about 3 books and they sang some songs.  By the end, Trevor was wanting to sit next to her on the stage.


We were then off to craft time.  They were making food necklaces - so of course Trevor wanted to eat the food which was pretty stale.




They were having another story time but I didn't think Trevor would make it through another so Brody decided to find some Star Wars and Transformers books.  He was loving it and so was Trevor but I don't think the library workers were going to love Trevor (he was taking books off the shelf and putting them on the floor or anywhere he wanted to put them) so we left shortly after.



I was in an adventurous mood so we ventured off to Sweet Pete's for some ice cream.  Oh yeah, we hadn't even had lunch yet - my kind of lunch.  I had heard some great things about this place and I knew the boys would love it and boy did they.  We shared some ice cream and then I let the boys pick out a small bag of candy to take home - it didn't last long (about 5 minutes).





I think the boys had a great time and of course Brody loved the Star Wars books so I'm sure we'll be going back.

1 comment:

  1. Did you try the sea salt caramels? They are to die for! So addicting!

    ReplyDelete