My Family

My Family

Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekend away - AHHHH

We were finally able to celebrate our 10 year anniversary about a month and a half late, but at least we were able to get out of town to do so.  Jason had purchased one of those time share things - you know the ones where you pay very little and you get 3 nights in a pretty nice hotel - the catch is to sit through a 2 hour presentation to try and get you to join the time share.  I personally like these things because I have no problem in saying no.

It took us me a long time to decide where we would go - Vegas or Ft Lauderdale.  Ft Lauderdale won out because Vegas required a flight and more money so we thought we would go the laid back and relax way. I was pretty excited about this trip.  We had no plans except to sleep in and stop by one of my new favorite stores - IKEA.

We left Saturday morning and one of my few requests was to drive A1A down to Ft Lauderdale.  I had never really done this and thought it would be a nice change from 95.  Well, it took us over 7 hours to get there but hey it was vacation and we didn't have any plans or kids with us.  Thankfully my parents were willing to watch the kids for us.  I know it's not always the easiest to watch 2 boys but they are always willing to help out.

On our 7 hour drive down this was our view - lots of BIG yachts.  Oh how the other half live!!

We stayed at the Sheraton - nothing too fancy but it was right on the beach which we didn't even utilize much (Jason never went out to the beach).


During our stay we ate at some great restaurants with great atmospheres - right on the beach, on the marina, and we visited a diner where Guy from Dines, Drives & Dives show visited.  It was a happening place - cars everywhere - with some good food.


 This was our view for dinner one night.



Our view, with a full moon, for dinner on our last night in Ft Lauderdale

We did a lot of shopping - a visit to IKEA - note do not ever go back on a Sunday afternoon - this place was CRAZY.  We were there for about 4 hours which I actually thought was pretty good.  Another day we shopped ALL day at Sawgrass Mills - the biggest shopping area I have ever seen.  It was nice to not have to worry about kids while shopping and look at things we wanted to.

Crazy place on a Sunday!!

I did make it out to the beach a couple of times and it was very nice and relaxing.  Due to a scheduling and communication issue we didn't even have to attend the sales presentation :)
 Kind of weird - no waves.

We were right next to the port.

We had a great time and it was nice to just get away with nothing planned but just to spend time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment