My Family

My Family

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The best is yet to come!!

My mom has been a teacher for 27 years.  She taught 5th grade for 2 years, 6th grade Science for 24 years and 7th grade for the last year.  She actually taught both Jason and I, which I didn't like having her as a teacher because she never called on me to answer the question (even though I knew the answer) - it just wasn't fair.  Everywhere she goes it never fails she will see a former student - most of the time they recognize her and of course they think she should remember them.

Well, she has finally decided to retire - we really can't believe it - she's been talking about it for a couple of years now.  Last Thursday was her last day - she didn't want a big party or anything at school so I decided at the last minute to have a surprise dinner at Barbara Jeans Friday night with some of her friends.

Of course I had to make a cake.

I really thought we had her with the surprise because she called me about an hour or so before and wanted to know what we were doing that night.  I said very convincingly that we were going out for Jason's birthday and Sara Lynn was watching the boys.  She seemed pretty disappointed that we couldn't go out with her and dad to Barbara Jeans - Ha Ha!!

When mom and dad showed up at Barbara Jeans she kind of knew something was going on because in order to make sure they got there on time and mom didn't shop too long beforehand dad told her he had made reservations - the red flag went up - he never does that.  Oh well, we all had a great time in celebrating my mom's retirement.


Love the look.







Happy Retirement Mom - don't drive daddy too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment