My Family

My Family

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bring on the beach

Even though I knew May 20th weekend was going to BUSY, I decided to add one more thing to the list - beach day with the boys.

Brody has been asking to go to the beach and I've been a little chicken to take both boys by myself, but I finally got up the nerve and went with it.  Thankfully Jason's mom bought me a cool beach cart for my birthday and I was excited to use it.  It's amazing how much stuff has to go to the beach with 2 boys.

Off we went and I am happy to say the boys were great and we had a wonderful time.





 Our wonderful set up.  Thankfully the boys played in the sand for a long time.  They even ventured out to the water a little bit, which is when it made it difficult to have 2 boys - one who loved to jump in the water and one who really just wanted to play in the sand.


So because of things like this, the cleanup to go home was crazy.  There was sand everywhere and the showers weren't the easiest to use for a mom with kids - imagine pushing the button to turn it on, holding a kid so they don't run away, and trying to rub the sand off.  Yeah, 3 hands needed and the last I checked I only have 2.  Like I said crazy.  But everything was made better by our normal stop to Dairy Queen for blizzards and milkshakes.

Of course Trevor passed out within 10 minutes and Brody about 20 minutes into our ride home.  I was even able to transfer them to their beds - yeah sand and all but it's all good.  Brody is of course asking "when are we going back".

No comments:

Post a Comment