My Family

My Family

Monday, August 11, 2014

Golf, Beach, & Swim

The week after the big party was one of the busiest weeks I have ever had.  Brody started golf camp on that Tuesday over at UNF.  He did a golf camp last year and really enjoyed it, however, the one we found this year was a little more intense and went from 8:30 - 3:30.  I was really worried that he would not enjoy it because it was so hot.

Now, this boy loves his golf shirts and he was styling that week.

First day and all ready to play.



Day 4 - All excited for a day of tournament play and to get his medal.

After the first day, he informed me that I need to come later so he could go back out and putt.  I would assume that would mean that he enjoyed it.  He had so much fun meeting other people - and he was one of the youngest players.  When I called to sign him up, the lady asked how he played because this was not the camp for 1st timers or kids who just pick up their clubs during the summer.  When he finished on Friday, he actually wanted to go back for another week - not on this budget - sorry buddy!!  However, I was very thankful that he enjoyed it.

While Brody played golf all day, Trevor and I could have gone all the way back home, but I thought we would use that time and play at the beach.  Jason's aunt lives right on the beach in a condo with a pool and it was only about 10 minutes away.

The first day we stopped by a Cinotti's Bakery for a donut but my child didn't even want one - WHAT???


Relaxing fun at the beach.  It was so beautiful and he had a blast until the 3rd and 4th day when I think he became a little bored with just playing by himself.

The great thing about Ponte Vedra beach at low tide is the tide pools all over.  Trevor loved playing in them and one time when he wasn't paying attention this little crab came over and crawled over his toes.  Yeah he jumped like crazy.

Turtle nesting.

 Haven't seen one of these in awhile.




One morning we walked down the beach and checked out the surf camp.






He really enjoyed the pool.

When we picked up Brody we went and grabbed dinner because Brody started swim practice that week as well from 6-7.  Our thing was to try new places or at least places we hadn't gone to in awhile - you know not Chick Fil A every night.

This was at M Shack at Towne Center.

Trevor really loved it.

Swim practice

During one of the swim practices it started pouring and this is how mom and I looked afterwards - it really looks like we jumped in the pool as well.

Tuesday night we decided to go and watch Jason play softball at a 9:30 game.  Yeah, we definitely made a LONG day of it.


 We were all pretty wiped out that week, but it was still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment