My Family

My Family

Monday, August 18, 2014

Destin - Sun, sand, and clear blue water

The last week of July we headed west to Destin for our family vacation.  This was our 2nd time out there and it is so beautiful and I was ready to go back.  We were spending the week with my parents as well as my great aunt's family on my mom's side.  They are from Tennessee and Kentucky and we only see them once a year, but always have a blast.

After a long 5-6 hour drive out 1-10 and driving on this road at the very end of our trip



Yes Danny Wuerffel Way.  Not a great pic but the best I could do.  Just a side note if you are headed to Destin on a Saturday in the summer make sure to arrive early or go late not between 2-4 when the prime time for EVERYONE to be checking in.  Traffic is crazy.

The boys were so excited when they saw the stairs in our condo.  They played on them ALL the time.  The one downfall with our place was that it wasn't oceanfront, but it was very nice and right by the pool, which wasn't crowded.




We spent every morning at the beach in the clear blue beautiful water and white sand.  Oh how I would love to swim in that all of the time, but we will settle for the bigger beaches on our east coast because although Destin's beaches are beautiful they are on the small side.





Brody and Gabby trying to find some cool shells.

The sand was Trevor's favorite - in the face and all.




Yes, an ice cream boat.  It was the coolest thing.


There were a few waves a couple of days and the boys enjoyed boogie boarding so much that Brody's board broke and we had to buy him a new one.







Jason even tried his hand at boogie boarding.  Wish I had my good camera instead of just my phone.


I spent several afternoons looking at this beautiful creation that God created.



I also enjoyed sitting by the pool while reading one of my favorite authors.  Haven't had or taken much time to read lately so I really enjoyed it.

My sweet Aunt Yvonne aka "Gan"

Stay tuned for the 2nd part of our Destin vacation - the food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment