My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Day of 1st Grade

Thankfully, Brody has been so excited to start school.   We were all prepared the night before with a Survival Kit for Mrs. Ray and his new pencil box.  


Since he was so excited it made it easier for him to get up Thursday morning.

I love to see Brody's response each year on this board and to see how his handwriting changes from year to year.

Of course he had to act a little crazy.


All ready with his backpack.  Now one thing with Brody is he is pretty easy to please.  I wasn't sure how he was going to act with not getting a new backpack this year.  I just couldn't see spending money on a new backpack when his from last year looked perfectly fine.  He made a few comments when Trevor got his backpack, but he got over it quickly - thank goodness.



Even in the 1st grade, Brody wants me to walk him to class each morning.  Even though sometimes it can be a pain, I am quickly reminded that he will only be young for a little while and I need to take advantage of these precious times and memories.  I love that he holds my hand as we walk to class.  It is such a sweet time.  We time it just right to walk in as the 1st bell is ringing so he doesn't have to sit in the cafeteria.

Brody with Mrs. Ray.  She is so sweet which makes us look forward to a great year.



To keep with our tradition - thank goodness Dreamette opened - we celebrated the first day of school with ice cream.


I am very fortunate to have a child who gets up in a great mood every morning and time his feet hit the floor he is ready to go.  Here are a couple of things that I have found that have helped our morning go smoother:

1) His clothes are all picked out for the week and in a bin in his closet.
2) He gets up about 40 minutes before we have to leave
3) His backpack and everything for school is sitting by the door ready to go
4) I try to keep breakfast as simple as possible and trying not let them have pop-tarts.  We will see how long that lasts.

Here's to a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment