My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A new one for me

With me being home now, I feel I need to cook more.  With only 4 of us and 1 of those doesn't eat there is no need for me to cook every night.  Thankfully Jason is just fine with leftovers.  Anyway, Jason has mentioned several times that he loves fried pork chops.  We actually had a conversation one evening with Randy and Julie about this and Randy LOVES fried pork chops as well with rice and gravy.  I said I don't know how to make gravy and have never made fried pork chops, so we had talked  about getting together and I would bring the rice because that is one thing I can make nice and fluffy.

Well, I had some pork chops in the freezer and I thought I would try my hand at frying some for Jason. I found Paula Dean's recipe - and I thought I can't go wrong with her stuff, right?  Well, I thought the pork chops turned out pretty good, but I also tried to make gravy.  I knew I was supposed to use the drippings from the pork chops, well, I wasn't sure how much.  Let's just say I used WAY to much of the drippings and the gravy was HORRIBLE!!  It didn't even make it to the dinner table or to the camera.



I also tried home made biscuits - these didn't turn out either.  They didn't rise like I thought they should have and ended up hard as bricks.



So 1 of the 3 things turned out decent for this dinner.  I guess I need to keep trying - it can't get much worse.

Well, I guess it could - here's what happens when I get side tracked while grilling Jason a turkey and cheese sandwich


No comments:

Post a Comment