My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome to Star Wars Weekend!!

A couple of years ago, mom and I took the boys down for the day during Star Wars weekend and it was so HOT and CROWDED!!!  However, the boys loved it so I was pretty sure I would be making another trip down to Orlando.  Star Wars weekend is about 4 or 5 weekends in May/June where they have a few of the actual people who played the Star Wars characters.  Since my boys don't really care about seeing them, the lines aren't so bad.   Most people arrive to HS around 5AM to get in line to try and get an arm band just to meet these guys - CRAZY!!  


We arrived to Hollywood Studios a little before it opened.  My boys really just wanted to ride rides because they don't like to stand in long lines just to see someone.  So, I usually will find a line and stand in it while they go off and ride - what a sweet mom right?



The boys were so excited to be in this line because Luke and Leia were there.  Well, as soon as we were the next one in line, Luke left.  They were very disappointed but still stayed to get Leia's autograph.



The big focus of Star Wars weekend is the 1 parade where all of the Star Wars characters are in.  Of course the wait is CRAZY and I never thought I would be that person finding their spot for a parade an hour before it started - well I was that person this day.  It worked out great because Jason took the boys and rode Star Tours probably 3 or 4 times while I chatted with the person next to me for about 50 minutes before my other 3 showed up.  I had a great spot in the shade - a big plus!!

As you scroll through these pictures, my boys had to tell me the names of 80% of them because I have no idea.  I'm trying to learn, but it's slow.







Stormtroopers

Sandtroopers

Ewoks - advantage of being on the front row - I had to guard my area to keep this for us.



A bounty hunter

Imperial Spy

Jawas

Rebel pilots

Chewbacca

Kit Fisto

Actually my boys don't know who this is - can't believe they don't know.

Ahsoka Tano

R2-D2

Captain Rex

Asajj Ventress


Ray Park - Darth Maul

Darth Maul - he is one of the scariest dudes!!

Tuscan Raider

Jay Ratzenberger - (Cliff Claiborne from Cheers) - he was in Empire Strikes Back

Zam Wessel

James Arnold Taylor - Obi Wan Kanobi in The Clone Wars

Of course Darth Vadar wouldn't turn to look at us.

Finally the boys realized that they should be getting pictures with characters around the park.  Our longest line yet was for Darth Maul - they didn't want to get a pictures with him last time because they were a little scared.




Several characters were just walking around and we kind of had to just follow them and hope they would stop.

This girl was freaky!!  Check out the big needle thing sticking out of her head.  She tried to have a stare down with me.



We did a little shopping of course and it was Star Wars overload.  I couldn't believe there was a Lego building area where you could make something for FREE!!  What a shock - something free at Disney.






We tried again for Luke.

Luke was so nice and had a conversation with Trevor about his orange band and that was his favorite.  He told them the next time they came they would need to bring their light sabers.






Mace Windu



One of Brody's favorite rides - Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Our last character of the day - Chewie!!


We had such a great time going all Star Wars for the day!! What a long day but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment