My Family

My Family

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer 2014 – Weeks 2 & 3

As we went through the summer I tried to take pictures of the things we did.  However, I failed quite a bit because I found myself just trying to enjoy the time together and even the pics I have aren’t that great.  Our first couple of weeks included a birthday party for Bradyn:

 


It was a campout but since it was on a Saturday night, B & T could only stay a little while because we had church the next day.






Chuck E Cheese








This year the nearest theater to us offered $1 movies on Tuesday and Wednesday with 2 different movies each week.  We took advantage of this several times through out the summer.  I packed my movie purse with candy for Trevor and even a Ziploc bag of popcorn for Brody (after our first visit where I paid $6.50 for a small popcorn), and our drinks.  When we go to the movies as a family we purchase the popcorn so they definitely get our money.  This summer program was a great way for us to check out a few movies we hadn’t seen and even one we had already seen.  We saw Smurfs 2, Freebirds, and Madagascar 3. 

A couple of those movies we met Janan and Tara and their boys and then went to Tijuana Flats for lunch.  It was so nice to spend some time with them and had some great conversations.



The boys participated in our church’s VBS mobile, which is held at 6 different locations around our town.  They had a blast especially since a couple of their friends were able to join them.  

Nothing better than the ice cream truck visiting.


The Crime Scene Unit truck visited and of course Trevor gets picked to give his finger prints.

They LOVE the huge slip n slide.

They turned around and went with Bradyn to his VBS.  One night was 80’s dress up.  I love how about 30 minutes before they were to leave, Brody mentions the dress up and wants to do it.  Here is what I threw together.  They loved it.


Back at one of Brody’s book fair, he picked out a Candy Experiment book and was very excited to get started on a couple of them.  They are really cool.


This one was learning about the oil in chewy candy.



I did a lot of cleaning during the first couple of weeks of June because we were having a big Anniversary Party at our house.  One day I decided to pressure wash the concrete.  Jason wanted to know if I was pressure washing the ditch.  Yeah, I was pretty dirty, but I had a clean driveway!!


What a fun couple of weeks so far - off to a great summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment