My Family

My Family

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wallpaper is of the devil

I really don't know what I was thinking 10 years ago to put wallpaper in our dining room.  Well, last week I started stripping it off.  You know you always hear horror stories of how hard this is, so I was kind of prepared.  Someone had told me to rent a steamer, but I was trying to do this dining room as cheap as possible, so I tried other things.

I first used a personal hand steamer, but that didn't work so well.  So, I then used warm water and vinegar.  That worked better so about 10 hours later (over 3 days) I had a wallpaper free dining room. Wow that was a lot of manual labor that I don't want to have to do again anytime soon.



I was determined to finish it up last Wednesday night so I thought I had about 95% of the paper off and called my dad to see what else I needed to do to the wall before he painted. Well on Thursday he came over to look at it and before I knew it he was preparing the wall for the paint.

Now let me tell you about my daddy he is wonderful and will do anything for us. He is such a hard worker and a perfectionist. All I had to say was that I needed the dining room painted and he was all over it - all for his little girl.

Now there have been times when I have tried to paint (bathroom & laundry room) but he comes and "watches" me but is constantly telling me what to do so I just give up and let him take over.

I am very thankful for my dad and that he is so willing to help us out. It made this project go much faster.

Here's how the boys spent some of their time while I stripped wallpaper.



Even got Brody to help some.  He's such a big helper and loves to be involved.




Since all the wallpaper got off, it was then time to make a decision on wall color.  Here were the 4 choices.  Final pictures will come up later when it is all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment