My Family

My Family

Monday, February 6, 2012

Half way through Upwards

Last Saturday was the half way point for our Upwards season.  Brody has been doing really good with his games and learning every week.  Each week he receives 2 stars to add to his shirt - one is green for participation and the other is either red (defense), blue (effort), white (Christlike), gray (offense), or gold (sportsmanship).

On this particular game, not sure if the moon was a certain way or what was going on because it was an AWFUL day for Brody.  Of course Nana and Poppy came out to see him play, but they only were able to see the 30 min of practice and 30 second of a game because Brody decided to get mad and not want to play anymore.

Only a few pictures before Brody decided to act out.  Here's what Trevor does best during the game - EAT!!!



With Upwards each child has a color arm band and you are supposed to play defense against the player who has the same color arm band.  Well, Brody's kid scored and Jason made a simple comment to him that he has made before "Hey that was your guy who just made the basket".  Well, you would have thought Jason told him he was the worst player on the court because Brody huffed and puffed and Jason sent him to the bench where he took his wrist band off and was ready to throw it at me.  At this time, I quickly grabbed his arm and drug him to the side room - yes, I was THAT mom.  For some reason he did not want to play any more.  I started out being nice and tried to be understanding, but that wasn't working so I played hard ball mom and said you have 2 choices - either get out there and play or stay in your room for the rest of the day.  Now, I really would have liked to have taken him to the car right then, but that would make a child on the other team sit out, which wasn't fair.  So, he chose to go out and "play" which meant he stood hanging onto to Jason's leg for the remaining 30 minutes of the game.

I'm not sure who was more upset - Jason or me.  Yeah, I know it's probably not the best to be upset at your child for sports, but come on we aren't asking you to be the best player on the court but at least run around.  I really wasn't sure what color star he would get that day, but Jason gave him the red one for defense since he stayed under the other team's basket the entire time.  Another memory made right?

No comments:

Post a Comment