My Family

My Family

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What a surprise - Chef Mickey's

Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed over to the Contemporary hotel to dine at Chef Mickey's for breakfast.  The boys had no clue what was in store.  I have always wanted to take them to eat here but I wanted to make sure they were old enough to enjoy it since I was pretty sure it would be a one time thing - due to the cost!!


Let me just say this place was crazy - people and kids everywhere - but of course Disney had it all under control.  I didn't realize it was a buffet, but oh at the choices for food and it was SOOO good.  Brody was so funny as he carried his plate from choice to choice - he wanted a little of everything.  He is such my good little eater.  Trevor on the other hand not so much.  I didn't think he was going to eat anything and I was just praying that we didn't have to pay $16 for him to eat a piece of bacon and 1 mandarin orange (just a slice not a whole orange) - yeah a great appetite, huh?





We ate for about 15-20 minutes and were pretty stuffed and then out came the main event - the famous 5 - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy & Pluto.  I tried to get Brody & Trevor to continue eating but I quickly gave up.  All 5 of them made their way to every table for pictures and autographs.  Nothing like right before Donald comes to our table I smell something not so pretty coming from Trevor.  Oh yeah, thankfully there was a bathroom right behind us, but I didn't bring any wipes (I only had the Wet Wipes antibacterial ones in my purse).  I didn't think I would need them because he had already gone that morning.  I know TMI, right but oh well.  Thankfully, Donald understood and came back to us.









The boys had a great time and smiled for every picture really well.  When the bill arrived we definitely knew this was a one and done thing.  Hope they enjoyed it. 

Off we went to do a little shopping at Downtown Disney - legos, toys, you name it that place has it.  It is a kids dream.






Finally, we were headed home and the boys were asleep pretty fast and slept most of the way home which was very nice and quiet.

We had so much on this trip and Brody is already asking when can we go back - thankfully we bought a pass for this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment