My Family

My Family

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Decorating at the Singley's

You never know how much 2 boys will get into decorating trees, so we are always in for a surprise.  In the boys' playroom, I have set up a small tree on top of a ledge for all of their ornaments.  They were so excited to open up each ornament and put it on the tree.  I let them put them on and kept telling myself I would keep them exactly where they put them.  But I just couldn't once I put the tree on the ledge and some of the ornaments were in the back - so at least I only moved those.



We were then off to decorate our family tree.   A few years ago when Brody was younger we decorated the tree at night so he didn't see us touching the tree - we were hoping that he wouldn't mess with it since he never saw us touching it - AND actually that worked.  This year I just knew Trevor would mess with the ornaments but I said I'll just go with it.  Brody LOVED pulling out the ornaments and putting them on the tree.  He really was a huge help. 



Trevor wanted to help too and hung a few ornaments himself - but I think his kept falling so we had to redo them.  Lately, he is into taking his shirt off which is why he is shirtless while he decorates the tree.



I'm happy to say that Trevor did not play with the ornaments on the tree and didn't even touch the presents under it except for the occasional falling into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment