My Family

My Family

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Brody

Wow, I can't believe that Brody turned 5 on December 2nd.  He is growing up way too fast and I really need to savor every moment I have with him.  It is amazing to see what he is learning every day.   Here are some of the things about Brody that I love and some that I may not like too much:
  • He loves going to school and the teacher says he knows most everything they go over
  • He has a tender heart for others
  • I love to hear when he tells us about Jesus - Bible stories he has learned and especially when he tells Trevor
  • He is in love with costumes - Star Wars, Buzz, Transformers, Iron Man, etc - you never know when he will come out in the latest.
  • To go with the costumes he loves Star Wars and Transformers toys
  • He has started taking tennis lessons and really enjoys them.
  • He is an excellent eater and will try almost anything.  His favorites are pasta and seafood
  • He still takes naps - maybe because I make him, but he definitely needs a few a week or it can get ugly
  • He plays pretty well with Trevor and can be an awesome big brother "at times" but then other times he gets so annoyed with Trevor that he loses his temper a little (we are working on that)
  • He doesn't do well with meeting new people and shys a way - he doesn't like to be in the spotlight.
  • He is extremely tall for his age which should be helpful for sports
  • He loves to watch sports with his daddy and is beginning to know the teams.  Everytime there is sports on the tv, he asks whose playing.
  • I think he has a little OCD because when he is in a mood everything must be in it's place and he is going to make sure that it gets there, which I guess falls right into place since he was born right on his due date (everything just right)
Wow, that's quite a list, right?  Well, it has been a wonderful and exciting 5 years.  I pray I don't take this time for granted I have with him while he is young.  I want to savor every minute I have.









No comments:

Post a Comment