My Family

My Family

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A busy birthday weekend

Brody was pretty excited about his Transformer 5th birthday and has had it planned for awhile now.  He actually has each birthday planned out until either 8 or 9.  We try to explain to him that the theme of his party should be what he likes at the time.  He doesn't quite get it - it's all in his plan.  This birthday was supposed to be Iron Man, but thankfully I talked him out of it because he wasn't really into Iron Man but because he had decided about 9 months ago that Iron Man would be his 5th, he thought he had to stay with it - crazy kid.




Anyway, I found this idea on Pinterest (love it) to decorate their door/room for their birthday.  He was pretty excited to see it on Friday morning when he woke up.  He didn't want to tear any of it so he kept going under it. 



He had actually gotten the 24 hour stomach bug the Wednesday before his birthday (nothing like not believing your child that his stomach hurts and him proving to me that it does in the church parking lot), so thankfully he was able to make it to school for his birthday on Friday. 

To celebrate his day, I brought cupcakes for his class.  His class is so well behaved - I just love Ms. Cicero.  I was actually scared to say anything when I walked in and NO ONE said a word to me and wouldn't even look at me.  She has those kids trained.  You would expect them to all holler out "Hey Brody's mom", but nothing.  Impressive!!



Later that day Brody had tennis lessons and then when we arrived home he was greeted with a big surprise - a bouncy house.  It was delivered a day early for his party the next day.  Of course the boys bounced for a LONG time that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment