My Family

My Family

Monday, September 26, 2011

The busy but wonderful life

The past 2 weeks have been quite crazy - let's see:

- I have started 2 new Bible study groups - 1 is Couple Checkup on Sunday nights for Jason and I. 

There are about 15 couples and has been a lot of fun and very eye opening.  We just took the Couple Checkup "test" to see how we are doing as a couple and let's just say we have some areas for growth.  However, it is nice to see that other couples may experience the same thing.  If I could just bite my tongue sometimes and say things nicer :)

The 2nd Bible study is Brave by Angela Thomas. 

It is a women's study on Wednesday nights and it is wonderful to be able to fellowship with other women and be able to pray for their struggles.  Being part of the youth department doesn't allow me to be around other ladies my age, which I feel that I need.

With these 2 Bible studies, comes a lot of dedication.  It can be so difficult to get us all to church on Sunday night and Wednesday night and having to deal with dinner, soccer practice, baths, and getting to bed - Whew, I get worn out by the end of those days.  I pray that God will speak to me during these Bible studies and show me the things in my life that need to change.

Speaking of soccer, Brody is really not a fan of playing so we have a long month ahead of us.  We are making him stick it out even though I would love to have my Mon & Wed afternoons and Saturday's back, but I feel that we have to teach him about committment.  This past Saturday, he really showed that he didn't want to be at the game.  He just stood around the field and even asked the coach to come out of the game.  This is so not how Jason and I are - especially Jason.  Jason has never wanted to stop playing even if he was sick or hurt, however our son is not like this.  We have realized that contact sports may not be his thing so I think we are going to stick with tennis, golf and baseball.  We understand that he may not be the best on the field but come on can't a little boy run want to run after a ball and kick it?  This is so hard for me to understand and wasn't much of a sports player.  Lots of parenting lessons to be learned in our future.

Last weekend, I coordinated Crystal "Thompson" Scarbrough's wedding.  Jason and I teach 12th grade with her parents and I taught her in Sunday school several years ago.  It was absolutely beautiful.  The wedding was at Riverside Baptist Church, which is so pretty and the reception was at the Main Library downtown.  This wedding was so much fun and I really enjoyed being a part of it.  With all of the weddings I coordinate, Jason is usually right there to help me out with anything I may need help with and I am so thankful for this.  He was right there with me on this one as well even went to the rehearsal dinner which was a great time since we didn't have the kids with us and we were able to relax with 2 other couples who were kidless as well that night.  We almost left after the bride and groom because we were having so much fun. 

I couldn't believe how tired I was after that wedding - I definitely didn't wear the right kind of shoes. 

And a picture to leave you with of my 2 "sweet" boys having a blast in the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment