My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pre Big Apple Bound - US Open

A week ago Jason and I headed to NY to celebrate his birthday and Father's Day - yes, a little late.  I bought Jason tickets to the US Open for his birthday.  He LOVES tennis so I think he was pretty excited about going to see one of the biggest tennis events LIVE - it was going to be an experience for me since I don't play but I don't mind watching it.

However, before we left early Wednesday morning - Brody decided to bless us with a little stomach bug Tuesday afternoon and well into the night.  He was so pitiful Tuesday night as we set up a little bed in the playroom with a blowup mattress with towels all over the place.  He slept there until about 11:30 and then came into our room (we were still up packing).  He told us that we had to be in there with him to watch him sleep - WHAT???  Poor kid, I think he was a little delierous.  He decided to bless us with a little present at that time as well, so we decided to move the mattress into to our room and he slept pretty good for the rest of the night - I on the other hand didn't because anytime he moved or cough I woke up and also worried that I would oversleep for our 7:30 flight.

Thankfully my mom was keeping the kids while we were gone - dad would be leaving Thursday morning so my mom was all by herself.  I did feel really bad leaving her with a sick one, but I knew they were in good hands and thankfully she can handle both of them really well.

We had a direct flight to NY and were able to check into our hotel early - Affinia Shelburne.  This was our first time staying there and it was very nice.  The rooms were actually quite large for NY and it was close to Grand Central.



On Wednesday, we walked around a little and did a little shopping.  That night we went down to Little Italy and ate dinner - usually some really good food and we ate a canoli for dessert.  Great first day in the Big Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment