My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The rest of our NY trip

Saturday and Sunday of our trip were very laid back.  Here's a little of what we did.

A trip to NY is not complete without a visit to FAO Schwarz.  The BIG piano made popular from the movie BIG is so cool.  We actually got to see a demo.


The Lego store.  Brody's only request from home was a Statue of Liberty shirt & book, so we thought he would like this.

No trip to see Ms. Liberty.  We figured we would wait and take the trip when the boys are with us. 

Our mode of transportation - the subway.  


 Union Square - this is where the Farmers Market was and we did a lot of shopping in this area as well.  We also ate dinner at Max Brennars - a chocolate lovers dream.  It was a Willy Wonka for adults.  I ate a small dinner so I could enjoy the chocolate fondue

Levain Bakery - I had read about this little bakery on Food Network that has THE BEST cookies.  It was on the upper west side so we made a special trip Sunday morning to get my mom some.  She loves her desserts so we thought it would be a great treat for her.

The wonderful $4 half pound Chocolate Peanut Butter cookie.  It truly was the best thing I've ever eaten.  Jason even liked them and said it was Really good! 

The Flatiron building.

Several people had told me about Snack Shack in Madison Square Park.  Here's the line I waited in for hamburgers, fries & a shake.  It was about a 15 minute wait, but once again oh so worth it.

Here's what Jason did while I waited in line for our food.

No trip to NY isn't complete without a visit to The World's Largest Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment