My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The BIG day - US Open

Thursday we headed on the 7 train to Flushing Meadows for a full day of tennis.  The weather was absolutely beautiful.



The outside of Arthur Ashe Stadium


Our first stop was the practice courts and one of my favorite players - Nadal - was at the end so I was able to snap a couple of pictures through the bushes.




Serena practicing before her match.

Our seats for the first match in Arthur Ashe stadium were near the top and boy is that stadium high & steep- I was so out of breath by the time I reached my seats.   We sat and watched Roger Federer play for a little while and then headed out to watch a few others.




The view from the top of the stadium

Louis Armstrong stadium with the Mets stadium in the background.

A better picture of the ball.

There was tennis everywhere and it was a little difficult to try and see everyone Jason wanted to see but we saw quite a few.  Yeah, probably most of you are like me and had never heard of these people but needless to say I learned a lot that day.

Tommy Haas

Jo-Wilfred Tsonga playing in the Grandstand.

Fernando Verdasco

Our seats for the night match in Arthur Ashe were in the middle section.  Carol Wozniacki & Novak Djokovic were playing so it was 2 quick matches - thankfully because sometimes the matches can go really LATE at night.  We were out of the stadium about 10:30 or so and headed back to the big city.



No comments:

Post a Comment