My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another one to add to the list

A couple of weeks ago Brody started playing soccer with the Callahan Soccer Club.  I really thought this would be a great way for him to exert a lot of energy by running around.  I don't really know that much about soccer so this is going to be new for me.



Brody was so excited about his new cleats, shin guards, socks, and ball that he couldn't wait for practice.  He was only able to go to 1 practice before his big debut game.

His games are on Saturday and are at 8AM or 10AM.  I thought I would be a good mom and get up earlier than him and make some eggs so he could have a good healthy breakfast.  However, he only ate a few bites so maybe that wasn't the best idea.

For his first game he did pretty good.  However, about half way through the game he came over and said he was pretty tired.  I was prepared for this since he didn't have much of a breakfast so he scarfed down half of a granola bar.  It's amazing what sugar can do for a 4 year old.

There are 6 kids on his team and 2 of them have played before so they are pretty good.



Brody really doesn't know what's going on but he's exerting a lot of energy and he's learning.  My dad offered him .25 a kick just to try and get him motivated.  Of course it wouldn't be complete without a few kicks to the other goal - we tried to get my dad to pay up for that but he didn't agree.

The game ended up in a tie and I guess Brody enjoyed it okay - definitely not tball.  This may be a long season.

He started out playing goalie - which I think would be kind of boring because the ball never gets to him since we have 2 really good players on our team and they keep the ball on the other half of the field.

Guess what Trevor does during the game - eat snacks.

Out of goalie position but still looking a little sleepy.



No comments:

Post a Comment