My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 24, 2011

We will never forget!!

The 10th anniversary of 9/11 was such an emotional roller coaster for me.  Like so many other people, I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the attacks.  My Grandmother had just passed away on the Saturday before the Tuesday of 9/11.  One of the thoughts I remember having was wow my Grandmother was just able to meet a whole lot of new people in heaven.

This year I watched several different documentaries about that day and different people's experiences - wow what a surge of emotion this brought on.  I can't remember the last time I cried so much.  I guess this is what happens when you have a family and it's hard to think if something like that had affected us - I had such empathy for those people.

We spent the special day attending church with some powerful music and a video that scrolled ALL of the victims of that day.  The list went on and on and on - truly amazing to actually see the list.  After church we headed to the first Jags game for our HOT season opener.  There was an awesome flyover and lots of other ways to help commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  Here are a couple of pictures of our HOT afternoon at Everbank field.


A TON of balloons released.

No comments:

Post a Comment