My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Resurrection Eggs reenactment

With Brody getting older, we were hoping he would understand more about the real reason we celebrate Easter.  Thankfully he goes to a Christian school that teaches the Bible so he hears it there as well.  Last year we started the Resurrection Eggs so he was pretty excited to get those out again this year.  We start ours 12 days from Easter and open one a day.  He gets really excited and of course wants to open more but we have to keep some suspense.  I really enjoy hearing him try to retell the story in his own words.  I feel that he is really understanding it. 


Don't you just love this look?  It's probably because we made him sit like he does at school for storytime.

On Easter he actually started acting the story out.  He was Jesus and he would lay on the cross and then he would get off the cross and get in the tomb (which was in between Jason's legs).  We would count to 3 for the 3 days I guess and he would come out of the tomb and go hide.  I was Mary and Jason was John and/or Peter.  "Jesus" would come to "Mary" and I would say "Teacher" and he would show me his hands where the nails were.  Jason would have to look in the tomb and say "Jesus isn't there".  It was one of the sweetest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment