My Family

My Family

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Creative juices trying to flow...

I don't really mind cooking but it is such a pain to try and plan what we are going to have and then come home and cook with 2 little boys thriving for my attention.  And then we really want to enjoy the weather outside in the evening so it has been a struggle lately.  

I have been trying to plan the meals out a week in advance to try and help things go smoother.  Jason always laughs at me because we really don't have the same things twice in our house because I LOVE to try new recipes - I got that one from my mom.  I have tons of cookbooks with dog eared pages showing recipes I'll one day get around to trying and then I have just as many printed out recipes with the same idea.  

One day during my blog reading, I found something that I just knew was going to help me out with this menu planning issue - a menu planning chalkboard.  I already had a chalkboard hanging in our kitchen that I had NEVER used, so I got crafty one day and created this:


It only took about 30 minutes to cut the little circles and then I sprayed them with adhesive spray and put them on the chalkboard - Complete!!  I felt pretty crafty - yeah I know nothing fancy but it was a start for all the stuff about to happen in our house - more on that later.  

Yeah, I know don't you like the first menu planning - McDonalds was in our plan.  Brody LOVED it and of course was looking forward to Thursday all week so we could go to McDonalds after his game.  He also learned his days of the week from this board and really enjoys seeing what we are going to eat for the week - especially if it says McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment