My Family

My Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

10 Years in the making

Yesterday, March 31, was our 10 year Anniversary.  Yes, it truly does seem like yesterday that we were married.  All day yesterday I found myself thinking back to that special day that a little girl dreams of.  I remember thinking on that day to just take it all in so I could always remember it - and I am happy to say that I do remember it quite well.  As I pulled out pictures from that day (since it was 10 years ago there were no digital prints so I had to scan a few pictures so I could share), I really went down memory lane.
Jason and I have known each other most of lives since we both grew up in the same small town.  He is a year older so we have gone to school together since the 3rd grade.  We didn't start dating until my freshman year in college.  He was away at Brewton Parker College in GA and I was JU in Jacksonville, but we had mutual friends who set us up one weekend and we dated for 5 1/2 years before we got engaged.  We did the long distance dating thing and only saw each other on the weekends.  We also ONLY talked for about 30 minutes on Wednesday nights (pre cell phones so we didn't want the HUGE phone bills).  Wow how times have changed.  

We got married at FBC Callahan - our home church and the reception was there as well.  We had A LOT of people there which was wonderful to see how loved we were.  I guess there were a lot of people who were just as excited as we were.  The day seemed like it was just like a fairy tale - to me the perfect wedding but I guess I am biased.




  One of my favorite pictures of Jason from the day.

 My sweet parents - my mom was pretty excited that day as well.

 My matron of honor who was my roommate from college for all 4 years.  She is the best.

 Jason's family.

 Our ring bearer and flower girl.  They are now about to be 16 - it is hard to believe.  Sara Lynn "Ra Ra" babysits our boys and Brody loves to play with "Big Tyler".  They were so cute that day.  Sara Lynn had just lost a tooth and had learned how to whistle so on our video you can hear a little whistle on stage - it was so cute.  I loved that they were the perfect age to be flower girl and ring bearer - they stood there perfectly.

 Our wedding cake my by great Aunt Irene.  What a wonderful present.

 My sweet Grandmother who made sure she would be at the wedding.  Jason even walked her down the aisle to her.  She was one determined lady.  I sure do miss her.

 Such a sweet picture of Jason and his Granny.  I thank the Lord for her because she had a major part in teaching Jason about Jesus and taking him to church.  What a sweet lady.

 The 9 hold golf course groom's cake, which somehow I never got a piece of.

 Our unique ride - thanks to my Uncle Randy who is into old car restoration.


This was one of the happiest days in my life.  Even after 10 years, I am happy to say that I married my best friend and love him so much and can't wait to see what all the Lord has in store for us in the future.

Fast forward 10 years....
Here we are off to the River Club in downtown Jacksonville to celebrate our Anniversary.
And the beautiful flowers Jason brought home for me.  He even knew that 10 years was the gift of tin so he bought the vase on the right - the closest to tin.  Now if we can just find time to go off for the weekend and celebrate our 10 years - I guess that is what happens when you have a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment