My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scratching them off the list - one by one

One of my goals for 2011 is to learn how to work my camera better.  I have a nice camera but really just use it as a point and shoot camera, so I really wanted to learn how to take cool pictures with it.

I am happy to say that last night I went to my first photography class at Ritz Camera.  The class was packed and we sat in chairs in the store.  It was Digital Basics and was very informative.  They are offered every week so I'm pretty excited.  They even have a class excursion where we will go downtown Jax and use the skills that we have learned.  It sounds fun.  Hopefully my picture taking skills will get better and I'll be able to document the boys even better.  The teacher even said by the end we shouldn't even have to go to the portrait places to photograph our kids.  We'll just have to see about that.

Thankfully my parents were able to take care of Trevor while Brody went to Jason's basketball game.  What a fun evening and I can't wait to go back.  I'm sure more pictures will show up on the blog - not like there weren't enough to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. I took one class there and NEED to take more! What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete