My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Operation clean out

Why is it when a new year starts, I feel that I have to clean out, clean out and even more clean out.  For the past 10 years or so we don't really have plans on New Years Day.  When my Grandmother was alive, New Years Day was her thing.  She cooked a HUGE meal and had everyone over.  It was always lots of fun so of course it is something I miss.  Since I'm not that cook and don't believe in the luck from eating black eyed peas I decided to have operation clean out.

With me being sick for over a week during December, laundry and my closet became quite neglected so I thought there needed to be an intervention.


EVERYTHING came out of my closet and into the bedroom.  I took away 1 garbage bag full of clothes for our garage sale in the spring - I'm sure it should have been more.

Here's the finished product.  It feels so good to have my closet back to normal and that I can actually walk in there.  Let's see how long it will last.  I think the rule needs to be 1 new item in 1 old item out.
This was 1 long tiring day.  I think we did 20 loads of laundry and it took about 3 days to fold and put it all back up.  I NEVER want the laundry to get that bad again.  It is very easy for me to get the clothes washed but it seems it sits in the basket for several days until we have an intervention and it all gets folded and put up.

Maybe this is a start to trying to get my house organized.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did good. Want to come clean out my closet next? It looks much like your before pic :)

    ReplyDelete