My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bring on 2011

What is it with a new year and resolutions, goals, etc.  It is so crazy to see the retail areas right now, they are really using this time to try and make a buck with all of the get in shape, better yourself products out there.  I don't go all out and buy all those products but it does get me thinking.  Here are a few goals I would like to see accomplished with my life in 2011. 
  • First and foremost - I would like to have a consistent time with God.  It is so difficult for me to do this because "stuff" always seems to get in the way.  3 days a week I get up so early to get to work that is seems crazy to get up even earlier.  I know morning is the best time to do this before all the "stuff" comes at me so I may try a few it this week.  Since I have a 35-40 minute commute to work I thought I could use that time to listen to uplifting, better myself for God podcasts.  I've already downloaded a few to start this week so we'll see how it goes.
  • I would like Jason and I to start having date nights at least twice a month.  Thankfully we have my parents next door that are willing to keep the kids - usually anytime, but like anything else we always get busy and never seem to have the time.  I really want our marriage to grow and I feel that spending quality time together without kids is a good way for this to happen.
  • I want to be a sweeter person to my kids and husband.  I want to speak words that are kind and not biting.  Why is this so hard to do?
  • I want to spend quality time with my kids - doing things they want to do and helping them have fun.
  • I want to have my house organized - where everything has its place.  I have been reading a lot of organizational blogs that are wonderful and are helping me to get inspired - now if I just can find the time to do it.
  • I want Jason and I to start back on our workout schedule - we've been out of it for about a year now.  I think it's time to start back.
  • I want to learn how to use my camera better and take better pictures.
  • I want to be able to think about others more and what I can do for them
I think this is enough goals for me to try and accomplish this year.  I pray for the best and that I don't get overwhelmed and I can at least get 3 or 4 of them done.

Just so my blog is complete with a picture.  We sure are tired after 2010 so bring on 2011 we are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment