My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

Since my last post was SOOO long, I felt that Christmas Day deserved its own post.  Here's what our tree looked like on Christmas morning after Santa left all of his goodies.

Thankfully Brody woke up at his normal time of 7:30 and came into wake us up by telling us Santa left him a soccer goal.  I guess he didn't really look around too much - which I was glad since I didn't really want to miss him seeing all of his presents from Santa for the first time.  Jason and I quickly got up to go out and see what all Santa had left. 

Just what Brody wanted - a Woody costume.  He actually asked for a Buzz and Woody costume.  I kept telling him that he already has a Buzz costume but he quickly informed me that the Buzz was for Trevor.  Santa didn't come through with the Buzz costume but at least Brody got a hat and he loves it.


Showing off his new slippers.

A golf glove - just his size.


Around 8:30, Trevor decided to wake up - he loves his sleep.  He came out to some fun foam blocks just for him.  Of course Brody thought Santa left them for both of them.  He is going to have so much fun with these. 



 Sweet little Trevor not knowing what in the world is really going on but eager to see what is in this sock for him.



Trevor had to take a little break for some yogurt raisins.


Jason got me a Flip Video.  It so little and SOOO easy to use.  I'm sure the blog will have lots of video to come.

Already enjoying to gift from Santa.

Around 10:00 we headed to my parents for breakfast, which was very relaxing since we had already opened presents the night before.  Then back to our house to prepare for an early dinner with Jason's side of the family plus my parents.  Thankfully, I don't have to cook much - I just bought a Honey Baked Ham and everyone else brought sides.  It is great.  We had 12 for lunch plus the 4 kids so it was a packed house.  The tree was packed to with all of the gift giving to occur later that night.

We had to do a makeshift to the table so we could all fit and be one big happy family.

Uncle Bryan trying to get Trevor to eat something besides crackers.  Yeah, he looks like he's going to eat, but no way - he was just kidding.  Thank goodness he's getting nutrition somewhere - not sure where.

With Jason's family we like to take turns opening our presents but with kids it's a little hard to do that.  We set them up in the playroom with their stacks of presents.  They each opened 1 present - taking turns.  Then it was a free for all.  Talk about crazyness.  I had no idea what Trevor was getting who was across the room but thankfully Wendi was assisting him.




Once the kids opened their presents we let them have fun in the playroom and then it was the adult's turn.  We must have opened for at least an hour.  It's so much fun to see what everyone else gets and it makes it last.  After we opened everything up, Jason came through the front door with Nana's gift - a bike.  She was pretty shocked but hopefully will enjoy riding it.
 

Nana with her 4 boys.


What a wonderful Christmas we had.  God has truly blessed us this past year and I am looking forward to what he has in store for us in 2011.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment