My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A date night??

Remember my 2011 goals??  Well, a couple of Friday's ago, Jason and I were able to make an attempt at one of them - date night!! My goal is to go on 2 dates a month.  One of the hardest things about date night is babysitters.  Yes, my parents live next door but lately we have been using them a lot - getting off late from work or last minute plans.  So, we were fortunate to find a babysitter - it does help that we teach 12th grade and have had some great girls come through our class.  However, they seem to be getting married and I'm losing them.

Anyway, this particular "date" wasn't really a date but I guess I can still call it one since we had no kids with us.  Our mission for this date - a new PC!!  We have been in need of one for sometime - ours sounds like it is ready to take off.  So, when my work gave us an ipad, as much as I would have loved to have kept it - our need was a new pc so we chose to get a mac.

This is a huge adjustment for us but everyone told us we would love it and so far we do.  We can actually use the laptop and hear the tv at the same time.  Now we just have to learn how to use it.

Of course Apple makes it way too easy and fast to spend money so we were done and trying to find somewhere to eat.  Friday night at Towne Center is very difficult to find somewhere to eat so we tried California Pizza Kitchen.  Very good I must say.  When we sat down, Jason joked asking if we wanted to get a high chair.  Ha ha.

We closed out our night with picking up Jason's Christmas gift at Dicks - his HUGE basketball goal.  Now the fun of trying to install it.

Since this wasn't a "real" date I am already planning the place to eat for our next date.  A post really isn't complete without a picture - I used one from our weekend getaway last year at a great restaurant - Lady and Son's.  Who knows maybe we'll go back there one day - probably not for our next date night though....

No comments:

Post a Comment