My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Little Man Turns One

I cannot believe how fast this past year has flown by. It really does seem like yesterday
  • that I worked a full day of work on August 3, 2009 and now realize that I had been having contractions throughout the day.

  • Got to the hospital a little before 8PM that night still not thinking what I was feeling were contractions

  • Got in the bed at 8:12PM to see how far along I was and my little boy was born 7 minutes later. Yes, NO medicine - this was NOT by choice. I was always a firm believer that God made epidurals for a reason and I intended to always use them - I guess God had other plans.
What a whirlwind of an evening. So as I sit here and type this and think back to this past year a smile comes to my face at the joy Trevor has brought into our lives. Yes, I will be the first to admit that having 2 is very different and a HUGE change but it's definitely something I am very thankful for.


This past month has been a lot of firsts for Trevor:



  • He is now drinking whole milk - which is a raise in our pocket - YEAH!!

  • He is now facing forward in his car seat so he can see the world

  • He took his first steps on July 19 and was walking about 9 steps or so

  • Within 3 days he is walking ALL over the place

  • He had his first haircut

  • I still struggle on what to feed him - he loves to feed himself which causes a mess sometimes

  • He has started eating yogurt which he loves. He also loves crackers, grapes, and cheese

  • We tried to get rid of the bottle when he turned 1 but this isn't going to be an easy transistion

  • He still drools ALL the time and is constantly wearing a bib

  • He is finally enjoying reading a book before he goes to bed

  • He is sleeping about 11-12 hours at night and about 2 - 2 hour naps during the day

  • He loves his big brother and wants to do everything he does

  • He has started saying ROAR when he sees a dinosaur - thanks to big brother

  • He can wave, blow kisses, and clap

  • He says ma ma, da da, and bye bye

  • He had his first real sweets - check out the cake pictures below of his birthday cupcake




It never fails that if I have had a bad day, I can see Trevor's smile and it will make me feel so much better. He is such a happy baby and we are so blessed to have 2 sweet healthy boys. I pray I never take that for granted and my prayer is that I will be able to be a Godly mother to my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment