My Family

My Family

Friday, August 13, 2010

Global Impact Week has begun

OK, I'm a little behind now. I started this blog a few weeks ago when GIC actually started and then somehow I got side tracked - I don't know how that could ever happen.

Every August at our church we hold what is called Global Impact Celebration. This is a time when we invite missionaries from all over the world who we prayerfully and financially support. Our church has adopted an Acts 1:8 strategy so our missionaries come from Jerusaleum (right in Callahan and surrounding close towns), Judea (a day drive away), Samaria (US), and The Ends of the Earth (Anywhere outside the US). This is always an exciting time in our church to see how God is working in our missionaries lives and to see how God is going to speak in our own lives.

I was so looking forward to this year's GIC because I missed last year's GIC since I had just had Trevor and there was no leaving the house. Our celebration included a kickoff "meeting" which was WONDERFUL - the music was great. I was actually running lights for this (please understand that the lights were already preset so all I had to do was hit a button to go to next cue). However, I did learn very quickly that you can't really get caught up in the worship time because it is very easy to miss a cue.

We also had a banquet with food from all parts of the world- Africa (like beef stew), China (local Chinese restaurant in Callahan), Honduras (local Mexican restaurant, and American (none other than our famous Callahan BBQ). During this time, Brody and Trevor enjoyed their time in the nursery - I am very thankful that our church provides this so we as parents can enjoy the celebration.
On Sunday, Trevor was dressed in his Chinese outfit actually purchased in China that has now been worn twice by Brody and once by Trevor - I think we got our $$ worth - all of about $5 for the outfit. However, I am sad to say that I did not get any pictures of him in it. Sunday's are just crazy for us.

As always during GIC we are asked to think and pray about where God would have us go on a missions trip. Jason and I have been on 2 mission trips together and I have been on 1 without him. Our first trip was to Africa to teach Upwards basketball to the kids there - this was prekids. WOW!! What an experience. God taught me so much during that trip - mostly how to trust HIM seeing that my luggage NEVER arrived so I had to borrow clothes from the other 3 ladies with me - THANK YOU JESUS THEY CAME PREPARED. Boy, that was a learning and humble experience but can you believe God provided everything - AMAZING huh?



In our African attire - my custom made dress.

One of Jason's players on the team he coached - pretty tall guy!!


My 2 translators. They took care of me.


Our 2nd trip was to Yushi, China with our Youth. This was in 2007 and Brody was 5 months old. Yes, we were crazy but we have wonderful family who took care of him. What a long flight but so worth it. There were definitely times out of my comfort zone but it was wonderful to see how interested the nationals were to be around us and just want to talk to us, which gave us the opportunity to share Jesus with them.



Doing their morning exercises.
Grasshoppers - part of first meal.
Jason trying to explain how it tastes - I'm just trying to get it down. It really wasn't too bad - very crispy.

The other trip was to the United Nations in NYC. Yes, I know you may be thinking a missions trip to NYC - but 3 of us went to assist Bro. Ken in his office to help prepare for a National Prayer Breakfast for all of the Ambassadors from all over the world. So Bro. Ken has the opportunity to reach people all over the world just by staying here in the US.


Hard at work.

I have been praying to see where God is leading me to go this upcoming year. I can't wait to see what's in store.

1 comment:

  1. [url=http://www.pi7.ru/zhenskiy-zhurnal/2024-6-sposobov-otbelit-zuby.html ]Добработница - это транжирство или необходимость? [/url]
    В общем ресницы и коротенькие и реденькие не загибаются. Сколько тушей не перепробовала - особо ничего не впечатляло. Может кто-нибудь что-нибудь подскажет из новинок (а может и из больше старых моделей) для таких проблемных ресниц.

    ReplyDelete