My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Birthday celebration - 1 Style!!

On Saturday evening, we celebrated Trevor's 1st birthday with about 20 or so people. I tried to not go too overboard so I wouldn't be so stressed. I feel that I was successful with that since we just had Callahan BBQ cater most of the food. I needed to make sure to focus on the CAKE - since I was making it!! The theme we went with was #1 and bold colors. Because really what is a 1 year old into?




Just as I assumed, Trevor wasn't really interested in his presents. We bought him his own little chair with his name on it so he enjoyed that. He was interested for the first present and then there were several times through out the presents that he ventured off to other parts of the room. He is such a busy body and doesn't like to stay in one spot. Of course Brody was more interested in the new toys than Trevor and Brody kept asking when we could open up the toy and play with it. It's amazing that a 3 1/2 year old can still enjoy a 1 year old toy. Trevor received 3 new riding toys which I know he will love.







Really enjoying the tissue paper


When it was time for cake, I really thought he was going to tear it up since he really loved the cupcake on his actual birthday. I guess I should have just had another cupcake with soft icing because he didn't really care for the cake (it was like a pound cake) and the icing wasn't as fluffy. Also, when you have 20 pairs of eyes staring at you you might get a little timid.







Trevor seemed to have a good time as he showed off his new walking skills and called it a night at 9:00. He had partied enough for one night.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! His cakes turned out so good. I have to tell you, I had Trevor in nursery two weeks ago and he totally charmed me ;)

    ReplyDelete